Google+ Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery: Allergy Friendly Virtual Thanksgiving

background

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Allergy Friendly Virtual Thanksgiving

Antique Platter on Etsy

Just a few days left until one of my favorite holidays, and it's about time I start planning my dinner menu!  With my mania about traditional homes and cooking, the image of a fully loaded Thanksgiving table surrounded by smiling relatives of all ages just makes me all warm and tingly inside.  You too?  But you have food allergies and you can't make Grandma's pumpkin pie anymore?  You've come to the right place.  I've been searching for good Thanksgiving recipes for days, and here are my favorites.  They are all free of gluten, dairy, eggs, corn, and soy, and I've also added a few vegan alternatives for the hubby. (Note: If you see an egg here or there in a recipe, use an egg substitute.)  Click the links below the photos to see all the details!


*** * ***
Allergy Free Vintage Cookery's 
VIRTUAL THANKSGIVING
*** * ***

APPETIZERS

Pumpkin Fruit Dip
from And Love It Too!
Pistachio Crisps
from Simply Gluten Free
Nut Pate
from The Intentional Minimalist


SOUP & SALAD

Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk
from Easy Natural Food
Quinoa Squash Salad with Honey Paprika Vinaigrette
from Wheat Free Meat Free

ENTREES

Roast Turkey with Gluten Free Gravy
from Nourishing Meals
Tomatoes Stuffed with Zucchini Pesto Pasta
from On Cardamom and Cast Iron

VEGGIES & SIDES

Garlic Carrot Mashed Potatoes
from The Purposed Heart
Perfect Thanksgiving Stuffing
from Tessa The Domestic Diva
Cranberry Carrot Slaw
from Pumpkin's Pantry

Apricot Brussels Sprouts
from The Recovering Vegan

Maple Ginger Cranberry Sauce
by From Seed To Stomach

Pumpkin Seed Dinner Rolls
from Fox in the Kitchen

DESSERT

Pumpkin Pie
from WHOLE Made
"Pecan" Pie made with sunflower seeds
from Misty's Mornings

(use rice milk and brown rice syrup to substitute for dairy and corn syrup)
Cranberry Apple Upside Down Cake
from Cook It Allergy Free


Have a great holiday!

Shared with Sundae Scoop at I Heart Naptime and Sunday School at Butter Believer and Nifty Thrifty Sunday at Nifty Thrifty Things and Seasonal Inspiration at Crumbs and Chaos and Weekend Wrap Up at Tatertots and Jello and Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters' Stuff and Friday Food at MomTrends and Inspiration Friday at At The Picket Fence and Anything Goes at Bacon Time and Whatcha Got Weekend at Lolly Jane Boutique and Shine On Friday at One Artsy Mama and Creative Genius at The Creative Paige and Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now and Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist and On The Menu Monday at The Stone Gable and Homemaker Monday at 11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven and Recipe of the Week at Family Fresh Meals and Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing my recipe! I'm off to check out some of those other recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of you to link to my pie recipe! Thank you and I wish you a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM, what a terrific display of allergy friendly options.
    Thanks for including my Pepita Dinner Rolls, I'm going to have to add the rest of the recipes to my Must-Make List, either that, or I'm coming to your house for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of doing this too...but haven't gotten to it! you are so good about getting all these together, nice work! Thanks for sharing my stuffing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including the squash salad. I'd say I'm in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing my cranberry carrot slaw. What a lovely array of Thanksgiving ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely line-up! Thank you for including my pumpkin fruit dip. Have a very happy Thanksgiving! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, what a great idea! This looks like an unbelievably delicious Thanksgiving feast! Thanks for featuring my soup, I really appreciate that. I'm definitely going to check out some of these other recipes.
    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for including my link. The stuffed tomato looks delish! I'll be trying that soon (not for Thanksgiving, but I gotta eat on other days too!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Friday. Hope to see you again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I am now 10000% excited to shovel in a delicious feast in 2 weeks!! :) Thanks for all of these delicious recipe ideas!

    ReplyDelete