Google+ Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery: Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love ... 1/27/12

background

Friday, January 27, 2012

Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love ... 1/27/12


===== LUNCHBOX LOVE #18 =====

Welcome to our weekly Friday feature, Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love!  This link party is specifically for your dishes that will travel well in a lunchbox, and if they're free of some (or all) of the top eight food allergens, that's even better :)  We all need some inspiration when it comes time to fill that lunchbox week after week!

Today's feature is from Sherimiya at Happy Little Bento.  Her dragon lunchbox is absolutely adorable, and illustrates an important point about feeding your allergic child.  So often our little ones want desperately to be like everyone else -- which at lunchtime tends to mean eating sandwiches filled with allergenic things and drinking chocolate milk from little cartons.  Sometimes it's hard to be the guy who eats weird things in little containers.  However, with a little extra effort, your child's allergy friendly lunch can be the envy of the classroom!  What child wouldn't flip for a dragon in his lunchbox?  Click on the title over the photo to jump to the Happy Little Bento site for all the details.

from Happy Little Bento


Now it's time for this week's link party.  What did you pack for lunch this week?

Shared with Anything Goes at Bacon Time and Shine On Friday at One Artsy Mama and Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now and Friday Food at Mom Trends and Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence and Teach Me Tuesday at Growing Home and Show and Tell Saturday at Be Different, Act Normal and Weekend Wrap Up at Tatertots and Jello and Sundae Scoop at I Heart Naptime.

25 comments:

  1. I packed huge salads this week with the Orange Cilantro Dressing that I linked up. I haven't found a salad yet that it doesn't go well with. Have a lovely weekend! Look forward to seeing what everyone's packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We adore these bars around here, so tasty, and this version has a some health too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting! I posted my cultured mustard and aluminum free baking powder recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! If you're taking a flask, My swede (rutabaga) and apple soup is a lovely sweet lunch! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think when we pack food we should be careful of the allergies that are common.There general foods that are good for all and this information will surely help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable! Thanks so much for sharing on Momtrends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shared my grain-free, egg free, dairy free chicken strips with honey mustard! Sorry, I didn't realize when it said "name" that meant to describe the dish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting! This week I posted a Smashed Turnips with Fresh Horseradish recipe: http://s-kakes.blogspot.com/2012/01/smashed-turnips.html It went well with the Slow-Roasted grass-fed Sirloin Tip Roast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There Lisa,

    This week I am submitted something I put in my daughter's lunch box today: raw cranapple sauce. It turned out really well, so refreshing. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa, I am lining up my simple indian spiced Turnips and Swiss chard pesto pasta, a fun way to add some greens to the meal. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Lisa! I added my homemade Fruit Roll Ups

    Thanks for hosting :) enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just linked up my Angel Food Cake Bites :) Hope you get to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for inviting me! I linked my apple buckwheat bake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I've posted my recipe for grain free Hodgepodge cookies. These cookies are pretty good for you, and they disappear quickly at my house! Thanks for hosting!

    http://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/grain-free-hodgepodge-cookies/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the invite and comment! I linked my Toffee Granola Bars with the option for gluten free.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I shared my triple berry smoothie...loaded with antioxidants and super yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting my blog and inviting me to your great blog hop! I'm sharing some grain and dairy free snacks that we use in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bento box is absolutely adorable! This week I shared my Grain-Free Vanilla Cupcakes with Vegan Chocolate Frosting. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for inviting me over for lunch. I love your blog and the recipes and ideas I've found in just this one roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I linked up 3 things, thanks for inviting me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just found you on TT&J. I also have a food allergy in the family - so glad to see these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the invite. Have linked up my Dates Bread (Eggless) this week...

    ReplyDelete
  23. That dragon is a hoot! love it! Thanks for linking to Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete