Google+ Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery: Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love ... 2/10/12

background

Friday, February 10, 2012

Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love ... 2/10/12

=====  LUNCHBOX LOVE #20 ====

Welcome to our weekly Friday feature, Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love!  This link party is specifically for your dishes that will travel well in a lunchbox, and if they're free of some (or all) of the top eight food allergens, that's even better :)  We all need some inspiration when it comes time to fill that lunchbox week after week!

Today's feature comes from Jo's Health Corner.  Last week she shared her super-healthy Grain-Free "Lara" Bars made with dates and cashews for a high protein snack anytime, anywhere.  I'm always looking for foods that I can send with the boys to school, and if you're avoiding grains, all the easy options are off the table.  Jo's bars are easily portable, and they're free of refined sugar as well!  Click on the title above the photo to jump to Jo's site for all the details.

from Jo's Health Corner

Now it's time for this week's party!  What did you pack for lunch this week?


16 comments:

  1. Good Morning Lisa...

    And Happy Friday! This week felt much longer than it needed to be (or maybe it's just me).

    This week I went back into my recipes and found one of my daughter's favorite snacks: pesto stuffed cucumber. It's actually quite filling. And I love that it's raw. :-)

    You have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting! This week I shared a grain-free granola bar with dark chocolate and peanut butter. They're dairy, grain, and gluten free and can easily become almond bars if there's a peanut allergy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting! I posted my chai recipe that can easily be tailored to suit your individual health needs.

    http://naturallivingsocal.blogspot.com/2012/02/delicious-medicinal-chai.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,

    I shared my Creamy Kale Salad recipe this week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting and for featuring my snack bars!
    This time I'm sharing grain free chocolate almond cake that is delicious. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week I posted my recipe for grain free raw energy bars. These yummy snacks are powerhouses of nutrition, featuring soaked and sprouted nuts, seeds and fruit. Thanks for hosting!

    http://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/raw-power-energy-bars

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, I am a goober, I just added my recipe and when it said "name" I put my own name not the dish name! DUH. I just put it up a second time, so feel free to delete the first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, poop, nevermind :( It won't let me add it a second time. Ah well, sorry I am a total NEWB! Maybe you can edit it for me?

      Delete
  8. I did the same thing as Beth - ooops. Thank you for hosting this great linking party. The recipes look divine. I've added Grain Free Banana Cake/Bread and Peanut Butter Date Balls, both of which are GF, DF and refined sugar free. - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer is actually code for Sushi ;) Thank You for inviting me over for lunch I look forward to joining again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some kind of hummus or dip with veggies is always in my lunchbox. I've linked up my Spinach Artichoke Dip this week. It's allergen-free, and it's a great way to get the greens and protein. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for inviting me over to this link up! There are so many great recipes here! I shared a recipe for Dark Chocolate Gluten Free Cupcakes in case anyone needs to bake for a school party. The frosting is made with raspberries and cream cheese, not artificial colours or flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting! I shared my chicken and pearl onions over quinoa - simple and easy for lunch or dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great round up! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete