Google+ Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery: Allergy-Friendly Lunchbox Love

background

Friday, September 16, 2011

Allergy-Friendly Lunchbox Love


Welcome to our very first Link Party!  As you may know, at our house we're avoiding a wide range of allergens, including gluten, dairy, egg, corn, soy, molds, and more.  I've thrown myself into learning to cook a whole new way, with varying degrees of success (see Mush Puppies!).  Dinners seem to be turning out pretty well, and I'm SuperMom when it comes to desserts, but lunchboxes continue to be a struggle.  I need some new ideas!

With that in mind, I decided to launch a new link party featuring allergy-friendly lunchbox ideas.  I know there are lots of creative moms out there who pack hundreds of lunches for their allergic kiddos, plus lots and lots of allergic people who pack lunches for themselves!  I'm so looking forward to seeing what you've been making each week.  Please come back and visit every Friday!

So for our very first Allergy-Friendly Lunchbox Love Link Party, I'll start off with the lunch I made this morning for son #3, the picky eater.  Today he'll be enjoying gluten-free, casein-free salami (rolled up on our cute little vintage sword picks), rice cakes with SunButter and honey, mixed berries, and a chocolate zucchini muffin (recipe posted yesterday).  I love our little bento boxes (from Laptop Lunches)... the little compartments make everything look cuter!

What did you pack for lunch this week?  Your submission can be a photo of your lunchbox, or a link to a particular recipe that's lunchbox friendly.  Your foods don't have to be free of ALL potential allergens, just whichever ones you're avoiding.

[Linked with Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now and Weekend Wrap-Up at Tatertots and Jello and Once Upon a Weekend at Family Ever After and Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence and Nifty Thrifty Sunday at Nifty Thrifty Things and Sundae Scoop at I Heart Naptime and Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters' Stuff and This Week's Cravings at Mom's Crazy Cooking and Melt in Your Mouth Monday at Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms and Mangia Monday at Delightfully Dowling and Tuesday Confessional at Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy and Tuesdays at the Table at All The Small Stuff and Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free and What's For Lunch Wednesday at BentoLunch.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! I shared a post with a bunch of ideas for packing easy healthy lunches for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite and for hosting. I am linking up with Gingerbread Popcorn. I love your vintage theme! Following you on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very much interested in the salami. I'm having a hard time finding brands with no corn syrup added, and it's especially important now that corn is 100% genetically modified (unless it's organic corn of course, and there's no such thing as organic corn syrup.) If you don't mind, please let me know what brand it is. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy! I use Applegate Farms brand salami....besides being gluten free and casein free, it doesn't contain nitrites (and the kids like the taste!). Here's a link to their site: http://www.applegatefarms.com/products/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting.. we like you on fb and shared the red kidney beans curry!
    Richa @ http://hobbyandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great event! I look forward to checking in on Fridays to see what to make next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for coming everyone! I can't wait to try all these great new recipes... my kids aren't going to know what hit them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting and thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please keep blogging your lunches! We do something similar with our PlanetBox (http://www.ourjubilantnest.blogspot.com/2011/08/planetbox-napkins.html).

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great link party idea! MY son is allergic to milk/diary (ana!) and peanut and treenut. He is also allergic to peaches and plum. He is in Kindergarten this year and lunchboxes have been a bit of a struggle. He is a picky eater too! I can't wait to get some great ideas from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great blog party! thank you for letting me know about the blog party - so sorry for my delay in commenting back on your blog after you stopped by mine, but i just submitted my travel lunchbox from Friday along with some travel allergy-friendly food tips. Are you having this event every week?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Valerie -- Yes, hope to see you all back again each Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa- this looks like a great link party! Thank you for commenting on my "Healthy Chocolate Treat" post... I was on a mini vacation so unfortunately I missed the party... but I will definitely contribute next time! :-)

    ReplyDelete