Google+ Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery: I Tried It: Gluten Free Vegan Brownies

background

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Tried It: Gluten Free Vegan Brownies

GF Vegan Brownies
from The Veg Mom

These. Were. Amazing.

The Veg Mom has performed a miracle with her Gluten Free Vegan Brownies.  You'd think that removing gluten, eggs and dairy from a brownie would leave you with nothing good left, but essentially what you have is sugar held together with some coconut cream, and it's delicious!  This recipe is nothing if not the perfect solution for your craving for sweets :)  Click here to jump to the original post.

I used King Arthur gluten free multi-purpose flour instead of the brand she recommended, olive oil instead of vegetable oil, coconut sugar, and I doubled the batch to make 2 pans.  I baked mine for 20 minutes because at 15 they were nowhere near done, and added a sprinkle of additional chocolate chips on top when they were almost finished.  Next time, I would bake them longer, because they were still a bit crumbly.

I cut these into circles and served them in cupcake papers for my son's birthday snack at school, to rave reviews!



2 comments:

  1. How are these grain free if they use rice flour? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - I wasn't thinking :) Updated the post to read gluten free instead. Thanks!

      Delete