Google+ Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery: What's For Dinner Tonight?

background

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What's For Dinner Tonight?


::::::

Roast Pork Tenderloin


Fried Zucchini (grain free)

::::::

Roast pork is a simple dinner that I do without a recipe. I just grab whatever spice rub I can find in my cabinet, rub in on two pork tenderloins, then roast them on a baking sheet at 400 degrees until my meat thermometer says 150 degrees.  In the same oven, I roast carrots and parsnips on a baking sheet with olive oil and maple syrup.  Recipe is here

For fun tonight, I tried making fried zucchini with a coconut flour coating.  First, I dipped the zucchini slices in beaten egg, then into a mixture of coconut flour and nutritional yeast for flavor (with a little salt).  Then I fried them in coconut oil in my cast iron pan.  This took a while, because I had 3 batches of zucchini to fry, and while the first ones were waiting, they got a little soggy.  It was fun to try something new, though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment