Google+ Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery: My Crash Hot Potatoes

background

Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Crash Hot Potatoes


This is one of the easiest appetizers you'll ever make.  You may have seen this recipe around the Internet... I found it on Vegan Yum Yum, who saw it on Pioneer Woman, who got it from a reader in Australia.  And now, I'm passing it on to you!

Earlier this week I posted a recipe for gnocchi using baked potatoes.  All I needed was the insides of those potatoes... leaving me with twelve scooped-out potato halves.  In one of those great flashes of inspiration, I remembered seeing the Crash Hot Potatoes recipe a while back, but of course I couldn't put my hands on it right that minute.  Luckily, this recipe is so easy I was able to make it from memory :)

These come out just like the potato skins from your favorite restaurant, but they're not fried so the calorie count is much more reasonable.  You can top them with anything you like, but we loved them with just salt and parsley.  The boys scarfed them down and begged for more!  In the original recipe (which I finally found), whole baby red potatoes are used and boiled.  Obviously that's a perfectly fine option if you don't have potato skins lying around, but I loved that I was able to create another dish from the leftovers of my gnocchi baking.

My Crash Hot Potatoes

Scooped out skins from six baked potatoes
2 Tbsp of your favorite oil
2 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

Press down each hollowed-out potato half with a potato masher, or just a big spoon.  Sprinkle with olive oil and salt.  Bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 10 - 15 minutes, or until browned and crispy. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.


Shared with Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist and Fat Tuesday at Real Food Forager and Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop and Gluten Free Wednesday at the Gluten Free Homemaker and Pennywise Platter at the Nourishing Gourmet and Thursday's Treasures at Recipes for My Boys and Making You Crave Monday at Mrs. Happy Homemaker and Inspiration Friday at At The Picket Fence and Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage and Simple Lives Thursday at Culinary Bliss and Weekend Wrap Up at Tatertots and Jello and Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters' Stuff and Show and Tell Saturday at Be Different Act Normal and Whatcha Got Weekend at Lolly Jane Boutique and Nifty Thrifty Sunday at Nifty Thrifty Things and the Homestead Barn Hop at The Prairie Homestead and Gastronomical Sovereignty

3 comments:

  1. I Love This! Thank You So Much for sharing on Thursday's Treasures! Super easy and I know My Boys will be very thankful. <3 and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Those sound so delicious and I can't wait to make them for my family. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome potatoes and they look delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete