Google+ Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery: It's Hurricane Time!

background

Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's Hurricane Time!


Batten down the hatches all my blogland friends on the East Coast!  Hurricane Irene approaches!  I'm planning to cook up a storm (pun intended) today so we'll have some ready-to-eat meals if (when) our power goes out.  And I'm sure it will, because in my town, the power goes out if someone looks at a utility pole cross-eyed.  I'm located in Western Massachusetts, and they're predicting the eye will track right over us, but it may weaken to a tropical storm by the time it reaches us.  I can only hope!

I've also scheduled a few posts to publish themselves over the next few days, in case my computer is down.  When the tornado came through in June, not only did our power go out, but our landline phones and cell phones were also down.  I'm thinking I'm going to be incommunicado for a few days!

So be careful everyone, stay safe, and if you don't hear from me for a bit, don't worry.  I'll be busy photographing all the delicious dishes I'm planning to make today to share with you later in the week.  Until we blog again....

(Note:  Our photo today features the wedding of Ed Coughlin and Loretta McGuire.  Sending out prayers to all those who were planning to get married this weekend!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment